Telkom Webmail Login
Telkom is one of the top telecommunications operators in South Africa, and it offers lots of great services like Telkom Webmail. Telkom Webmail is an email service offered by Telkom to help users access and manage their email on the internet.
With a device that has an internet connection, you can easily sign up for Telkom Webmail and use it to send, receive, and manage emails. With Telkom Webmail, you get access to all the same features other email providers have like email forwarding and composition, contact management, folder creation, filtering of mails, etc. In this article, I’ll be discussing everything you need to know about Telkom Webmail.
What Is Telkom Webmail?
Telkom Webmail is an email service offered by the company to its users so they can access their emails on any browser. It gives users the ability to receive and send emails and also other email management features. And it is easily accessible as you just need a browser and a working internet connection.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Telkom Webmail?
Telkom Webmail is built with simplicity in mind as it has an user interface that is easy to use without needing much technical know-how. With simplicity in mind, it is also very easy to use when you have to send emails, check emails that you received, etc.
Like I have mentioned earlier, one good thing about Telkom Webmail is its accessibility as you just need an internet connection and a browser. You do need a separate application installed before you can view and manage emails. Despite this ease of access, Telkom does great work to prioritize user’s privacy and protection of data. It has good security and even adds extras like virus screening and spam filtering.
How To Use Telkom Webmail
If you want to use Telkom Webmail, follow the steps below.
Go to a web browser on your phone or computer.
To login to Telkom Webmail, go to “https://webmail.telkomsa.net” and you will be taken to the login page. Input your email address in the specified form and input your password in the specified form also. After typing the email address and password correctly, tap Login.
Using Telkom Webmail is quite straightforward, to send a new email, click the “New Email” or “Compose” button. After inputting the recipient’s address, subject, and message, hit Send.
Don’t forget to always log out when you’re done to protect your account. Telkom’s customer service is always there if you have any issues.
Registering For Telkom Webmail Service
If you want to register for Telkom Webmail for the first time and get a new email, follow the steps below.
- Go to Telkom’s official website, and go to the Webmail section usually in the Email or Services category.
- Click the Webmail link, and click Register or Sign Up from the menu that comes up.
- Input all the required details like name, age, password, new email address, phone number, etc. When picking a new email, it has to be one no one has ever used before and there might be restrictions on length and type of characters.
- Go through the terms and conditions, agree to it and submit the completed registration form. You will be notified that you have created a new email address.
After creating the new email, go to Telkom Webmail login page and input your new email address and password in the specified area. Now, after logging in, you will be able to set up your new email address and use it.
How To Set Up Telkom Webmail on a PC
To set up Telkom Webmail on your PC, follow the steps below.
On your Windows computer, search Windows’ Mail application and open it.
Tap “Add an email account” to add a new email account to the Mail app.
After entering a display name, choose the option to manually modify the server settings.
Now, what you have to do is configure the POP3 server with the same info as Telkom Webmail.
In the server settings, enter “pop3.Telkom.co.za” in the form. Navigate to the SMTP field, and enter “smtp.Telkom.co.za” there.
Tap “Next” then tap “Finish”.
Now, enter your Telkom email login info to Windows’ Mail application you will be able to use Telkom Webmail on your PC.
How To Set Up Telkom Webmail On Phone
If you want to set up Telkom Webmail on your phone, follow the steps below.
- Go to the default email app on your phone.
- When it opens, tap Add Account, or the option to add a new email address to the app, you would usually find this in settings.
- There will be a list of popular email providers like Outlook, GMail, Yahoo, etc. Tap Others (usually at the bottom of the list).
- Enter your Telkom Webmail email address and its password on the account setup screen.
- Now, pick the right type of account for Telkom Webmail, the options are usually POP3 or IMAP, contact customer service for the right choice.
- Also, you will have to fill in details for the incoming and outgoing server that Telkom uses for its Webmail. Contact customer service for the details.
- You would have to fill in more technical details like sync frequency, SSL settings, etc.
- After inputting all the details, tap Add or Login. The email application will use the details to get across to your account and add it.
- After this is done, you can start using your Telkom Webmail on your phone and you can receive and send emails.
The steps above are expected to work for the general mail apps but depending on the operating system and version, things can be slightly different.
How Do I Access My Telkom Email
Like I have mentioned before, ease of access is one thing that makes Telkom Webmail stand out. To access your Telkom email, go to any browser with an internet connection, and type in Telkom Webmail URL – https://webmail.telkomsa.net/
When the page is opened, type in your email address and password, then click on Sign In.
How To Reset Telkom Webmail Password
When you are in a situation where you have to reset your Telkom Webmail password, here are two ways you can get it done.
You can send a text message if you want to reset your password. Follow the steps below.
Send “password” to 0123210215 via SMS through a Telkom SIM. Your login password will be sent to you and you can use it to login then change your password.
You can reset your password online. Follow the steps below.
Go to Telkom Webmail login page and tap Forgot Password (https://apps.telkom.co.za/alpha/public/reset)
Input your username and tap the Continue button.
After this, an OTP will be sent to your phone number and you need to write it there.
Now, follow the other instructions on the screen to change your password.
How Can I Reach Telkom Webmail Support?
Telkom has good customer service, and to contact the Webmail support, you can send an email to [email protected]. This is always active and you would get a response quite quickly. However, you need a customer profile to use this service.